How to make money online? This is a question asked more and more times. Most of the times you get courses, Ebooks, Videos, Personal coaching, etc… but none of them (or almost) teach you how to really make money online. Online marketers only want to sell their products or make money through affiliate marketing, this is the sad truth.
However there are some real ways to make money online, one of these method is called “solo ads”. You probably don’t know what the heck this means and i’m gonna show you how powerful this method is and how can you make it profitable in a short timeframe (4/6 weeks).
This method is not free (you have to invest a few money, not much but it’s not free at all), not instant (requires some time and efforts in order to be successful) and requires you to build a good reputation in the solo ads industry… and yes you can definitely make a living with solo ads and likely quit your job and claim back your freedom.
So.. if you tried many times to make money online, bought materials and read a lot and always failed, this post is for you. As soon as you master this method and start earning money, you can scale up and rinse and repeat what you’ve learned so far. This is a great method to make money online and a lot of internet marketers are making money through this system.
You can buy, sell or swap solos.
When you buy a solo ad, you basically buy clicks from trusted sellers (clicks, not leads). This means you have to provide a short email message (swipe) to the seller and let the seller deliver your swipe to his email subscribers.
The buyer also provides a squeeze page used to redirect the seller traffic to. The squeeze page is used to collect email addresses from traffic coming from the seller. You need a squeeze page and a free offer (free offers are preferred) in order to collect emails. A free offer can be a free report, a PLR (Private Label Rights) Ebook, etc.. everything offered for free is good for a squeeze page.
The seller can also choose to use its own swipe, sometimes this way is preferred because the seller knows the best converting swipes that deliver higher conversions. You can contact the seller and negotiate what to use. Normally sellers have a set of swipes ready to go, they only pick up the best related to your offer and use it (or modify it accordingly to fit your needs).
It seems complicated but it is not. Let’s do a recap of what you need:
1. A domain name (yourdomain.com), buy a domain name and choose a nice name. Something related to making money online, profit, earning, income, etc.. Ex: theprofitformula.com, bestincomesystem.com, sixfigureincome.com, etc.. probably most domain names are taken, so try different combinations. Choose a .com domain, it’s better.
2. An autoresponder (aweber, getresponse, etc…). Autoresponders are used to collect email addresses and put them in the sales funnel. Ex: when you signup to Aweber you have to create a list (fill the list name and required options), create a web form and a message. Remember to enable the single optin option (no double optins). After that, you can get the aweber code and put into the squeeze page email field (you can also choose name and email fields, but users have to type the name in the field additionally and this makes the email collection process slower, so just choose only the email field)
3. A squeeze page is used to grab email addresses coming from the seller (or from a swap) that go into your list (created in Aweber). This is an example of a squeeze page:
4. A thank you page (optional)
5. A tracking system (the best so far: Ad Trackz Gold and Quality Click Control, ClixTrac), in alternative you can use goo.gl url shortner, it’s free and gives you good stats and tracking information. Most solo newbies start using goo.gl. Avoid other url shortners because they could endup in spam filters causing emails not being delivered.
5. A swipe: this is an example of a swipe i received yesterday from a solo guy (always remember to split test swipes as well and keep it short and sweet):
This is the funnel:
- Buy the solo ad
- Seller starts sending traffic (clicks) to your Squeeze page
- Your Squeeze Page collects emails and sends them to
- Your autoresponder (aweber, getresponse etc..)
- Your auto responder sends the free offer to the user in their inbox (or to a thank you page)
- After you collected the emails you can also try to monetize by redirecting the new users to an OTO (one time offer) after they optin.
You can optionally sends the users to a thank you page after they optin. The thank you page is where users can download your free offer. You can also add the OTO in the thank you page as well. In this case the thank you page replaces the sequence no.6. If you want to use the thank you page, just add the OTO at the beginning and then add the free download at the end. This way users first see your paid offer (where you monetize) and then have to scroll down to see their free download.
If you don’t have a free offer or a free report you can easily find PLR products (reports/ebooks) here:
You can download and customize a great squeeze page from here or you can create a good squeeze page online from here. Also have a look to the warrioforum (they always offer free PLR and squeeze pages on a regular basis). Always remember to split test more than one squeeze page and to make little changes (sometimes just a different word can improve the CTR…) to make it more converting.
if you use wordpress (and you should install as soon as possible) you can buy this awesome theme: Optimize Press. Installing optimize press requires a web hosting but the money are well spent.
Optimize Press has an integrated squeeze page creator system with different squeeze pages, sale pages, offer pages and integrated funnels. Just find a few Optimize Press examples here.
Tip: if you can, include a video in the squeeze page, this is proven to work better and to increase the ctr. If you don’t know how to do a video, just outsource and use fiverr.com.
Tip 2: the squeeze page must be short. This means users don’t have to scroll down to put their email address. Have a look below:
To see it in action click here. As you can see you are not required to scroll down and all the information needed fit one page.
After you reach a good number of subscribers (500/600) you can start swapping.
Solo swaps means you send clicks to another person and expect the same amount of clicks (or mostly) back. This method is very powerful because you can increase your list very fast. It’s a win/win cooperation. You send clicks, you get clicks. Both increase the list. Normally solo swaps are completed in a short timeframe (2 or 3 days or something like that). The difference with clickbanking is clickbanking gives you the opportunity to deal with larger lists (and more clicks). For example: if you want to get 100 clicks from a marketer you can give them back not in a short time but longer period (Ex: 4 weeks). Not all clicks are sent out instantly but they can spread over time.
Just swap on a regular basis to ensure you get new fresh leads from marketers. You will be surprised how easy (and fast) is building a list working with solo swaps.
As soon as you reach a good number of subscribers (and guaranteed clicks you can deliver) you can also start selling solo ads. Using swaps before starting to sell is very useful to understand hoe many clicks you can deliver. This will help when you are ready to sell.
Using broadcasts (a feature of almost all autoresponders) you can send out emails to your list(s). After you create the broadcast message you get statistics / analytics from your AR company. You can track open rate, click rate, unsubs, spam complaints, etc… This makes easy to know how powerful and responsive is your list, and you can easily know how many clicks you can deliver (on average) and will help later when you are ready to sell.
Remember to cleanup your list and check for open rates. Why should you have an email that never open a message? Just remove it. Do this on a regular basis. this will also cuts down AR costs and keep the list more responsive with less spam complaints.
Remember to add something like this at the end of every broadcast:
NOTE: You are receiving this message because You subscribed to my mailing list. You are a valuable subscriber of mine. But if you no longer wish to receive updates from me, please use the unsubscribe link at the very bottom of this email.
This is not mandatory, but you can lower spam complaints if you are starting to get too many.
List building is the foundation of making money online. If you have a good and responsive list you can sell to them over and over and you can literally print money on demand. The most important thing to understand is the list must be responsive, you could have a list of 1,000 subs that generate 100 clicks or you could have 10,000 subscribers that generate only 50 clicks. It all depends of the responsiveness and quality.
Also find and join JV Giveaways (look for good ones). Giveaways are another cool way to increase lists. Basically they are event used by marketers to grow up their list. Some events can reach a lot of partners joining. Anyway just be careful when participating in these giveaways. Sometimes the quality of leads is not good and you don’t get valuable subs, just be aware and enter only good ones.
Tip: only deal with sellers that deliver US/CA/UK/AU/NZ traffic at most (at least 70%) or traffic could be unresponsive or you only get freebie seekers and no buyers.
A few resources to use: